RCAP Solutions, headquartered in Gardner, Massachusetts has nearly 100 people at work in nine states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, providing safe affordable housing; building and managing water and wastewater facilities; helping communities develop the critical infrastructure they need to thrive; advocating on their behalf; and providing the training and education that helps build know-how, expertise, and capacity.
We are currently seeking a candidate for the position of Grant Writer. Reporting to the Chief Development & Government Affairs Officer the position will conduct proactive, in-depth research, using a variety of electronic and print resources, to identify, screen and prioritize prospective public and private funding and partnership possibilities; develops and edits proposals, manages proposal development projects; manages contact, prospect, and proposal tracking databases including record entry and maintenance; establishes and maintains contact with private and public entities as appropriate; keeps abreast of changing funding trends, grant standards and proposal guidelines; represents organization at public meetings conducted by grantmakers and other entities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. A major in public administration or education is preferred;
• Development (or other) relevant research skills required; excellent writing, computer, communication, and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks; creative, results-oriented personality; team player; detail oriented.
• 2-3 years' experience in conducting detailed prospect research, evaluating prospects and prioritizing funding opportunities; broad knowledge of tools for researching resource development opportunities including foundations, corporations and individual philanthropists in Massachusetts and other northeastern states;
• Comprehensive proposal development skills including work plans, schedules and budgets; ability to manage multiple proposal development projects simultaneously, including constructing and monitoring detailed schedules;
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including formatting; one year database record management/maintenance;
• Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to lead meetings and assist with private and public presentations; community development experience highly desirable.
RCAP Solutions offers an excellent compensation and benefit package including health, dental, 403b, vacation, 13 paid holidays, STD/LTD, etc. Please submit resume to: [email protected]