Writer in San Antonio, Texas
Text or call if you need someone to edit your paper to ensure you get an A. Below is my CV, not formatted perfectly. 210-863-...
B.A., University of Texas at San Antonio, Honors College (GPA: 3.97). Major: English with concentrations in professional writing and psychology.
Minor: Legal Studies.
Graduation Date: May 2011, General Honors (Honors Curriculum).
Special Programs and Training Certificate of Legal Reasoning, UTSA Summer Law School Preparation Academy, UTSA Institute for Law and Public Affairs, Summer 2010.
Vice President, Society of Professional Journalists, San Antonio College, August 2006 to April 2007.
• Founding member and vice president of San Antonio College's chapter of Society of Professional Journalists.
• Orchestrated weekly meetings; wrote funding proposal for a SPJ conference; organized fundraisers. Campaign Co-Manager, Campaign to Elect Tyler Ingraham to the Board of Trustees of Alamo Community College District, December 2009 to May 2010 (general election).
• Orchestrated weekly campaign meetings for electoral strategy. • Organized phone banks, block walks and fundraisers.
• Implemented grassroots get-out-the-vote campaign. • Designed and wrote campaign literature.
• Drafted press releases and handled media inquiries. • Designed candidate's platform.
• Wrote speeches.
• Designed and managed www.....com. Campaign Adviser, Campaign to Elect Dr. Thomas Hoy to the Board of Trustees of Alamo Community College District, May 2010 to June 2010 (runoff election).
• Assisted with strategy.
• Solicited votes on behalf of candidate. • Block walked for candidate.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Summer Law School Preparation Academy Merit Scholarship, August 2010. Mary Hathaway Merit Scholarship, August 2010. Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Merit Scholarship, May 2006.
News Editor, The Ranger, Student Newspaper, January 2006 to May 2006.
• Managed log for potential stories.
• Assigned stories to staff journalists.
• Wrote multiple news articles every week for various beats (see selected publications).
• Edited newspaper weekly.
Research Assistant, Dr. Augustine Osman's Psychometrics Lab, January 2009 to December 2009.
• Contributed to conceptualizing self-report instruments. • Entered data obtained from various self-report instruments.
• Learned the components of a reliable and valid self-report instrument.
• Extensively studied and the Resilience Inventory-25.
• Attended weekly meetings for discussion about psychometrics and ongoing projects.
Legislative Aide, Texas State Representative Dawnna Dukes, January 2011 to February 2011
Freelance Writer, The San Antonio Current.
Freelance Writer, Academe, the Publication of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP).
• "Texas Public Radio Hosts Town Hall on Hunger in Food-Poor SA." December 11, 2010 (www.....com).
• "Hunger in Texas, Corporate Tax Loopholes, Villarreal, and Saul Alinsky's Ghost." February 21, 2011 (www.....com).
• "Top Dems Back McGhee for SAISD, Despite Voucher Support, Failing Charters." August 26, 2011 (www.....com).
• "Alamo Colleges Chancellor Bruce Leslie is: A) Destroying SA's Community Colleges B) Saving Money and Improving Standards C) A Tool of the Board of Trustees D) All of the Above" (3,000word feature)1. The San Antonio Current, January --.... Pp. 10-13 (www.....com).
• "Urgent: Special Community College Board Meeting." January 7, 2010 (www.....com).
• "Texas Hold Him: Members of the San Antonio Community College System's Board of Trustees Ignore Faculty Concerns and Reward Their Chancellor with a Generous Contract" (3,000-word feature). Academe, Vol. 96, Number 3, May-June 2010. Pp. 22-23 (www.....org). (Cited by David McKay Wilson in "The Casualties of the Twenty-First-Century Community College." Academe, Vol. 96, Number 3, May-June 2010.)
• "Former Muslim Tells How His Studies of Evolution Paved a Path to Agnosticism." The Ranger. November 9, 2006 (www.....org).
• "Soldier Still Afflicted with Images from Iraq." The Ranger. November 9, 2006 (www.....org).
• "Councilwoman Wants 'Campus' for Homeless." The Ranger. September 22, 2006 (www.....org).
• "Professor, Minister Question Use of Fear to Control Public." The Ranger. September 28, 2006 (www.....org). SELECTED RESEARCH PRESENTATIONS 9th Annual UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts Research Conference, March 2009.
• "Psychometric Properties of the Resilience Inventory-25 (SRI-25) in Hispanic American and Caucasian Adolescents." Honors College Undergraduate Research Symposium, April 2010.
• "Radical Trustees: Toward a Worker-Controlled Alternative to Oligarchic Governance at Alamo Community Colleges."